Resource Manager/Staffing Specialist
Binary Pulse Technology Marketing is looking for a Resource Manager to join us in either our Scottsdale, Arizona or Irvine, California office.
As our full-time Resource Manager, you will be responsible for two primary functions:
- Research, build and vet a roster of creative and technical resources (individual contractors primarily) across disciplines such as web, print, video, copy, social media and others
- Allocate those resources to projects along with a Project Manager, coordinating schedules and negotiating budgets as necessary
Building and managing this talent roster is intended to help us expand our capacity to keep pace with growing business as well as to uncover new and complementary skillsets to help us increase our capabilities.
Binary Pulse produces a full array of integrated assets to help our B2B clients market their solutions including videos, websites, digital and print ads, white papers, eBooks, infographics and many other deliverables. Therefore, this is a more targeted version of a generalized recruiting specialist position, focused on sourcing and managing talent such as cinematographers, UI/UX designers, 3D animators, illustrators, copywriters, web developers, SEO experts, and more.
Our client engagements often necessitate locating professionals with very specific skillsets. You might need to find someone with a proven track record capturing video footage of top executives at a manufacturing facility, or a Google Analytics expert who has worked in the healthcare field, or a copywriter with extensive experience in the financial services vertical. These are just three examples of dozens of potential roles we will need to fill, based on project needs.
Typical tasks will include:
- Proactively research the roles we need to fill to fully understand the capabilities required
- Identify job-seeker resources that may not be actively looking for new work
- Conduct initial interviews to qualify candidates
- Maintain a list or database of contractors that can easily be sorted by location, specialty and strengths
- Establish a library of simple contracts that includes specific roles; manage signed contracts and contracts in play
- Negotiate rates with candidates until rates are in line with each project budget
- Manage contractor outreach to keep relationships current
- Become the “insider” who always has an ear to the ground for new creative and technical talent, as well as new resources to mine for job listings
- 3 years’ experience as a staffing or talent acquisition specialist—ad agency experience is a plus
- Experience not just in general recruitment, but in recruiting for the types of creative and technical roles described here
Additional preferences (nice-to-have, but not mandatory):
- 4-year bachelor’s or 2-year associate’s degree preferred (equivalent work experience always considered)
- Familiarity with technology products and brands
Our ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter able to work independently while always meeting deadlines
- Able to think outside the box to source contractor talent based on the requirements of each project
- Comfortable interacting and negotiating with job-seekers
- Able to skillfully manage multiple requests and project needs simultaneously
- A reliable communicator who takes the time to read every word of an email, uses spell-check and thinks through relevant details before acting
- A positive, accountable and solutions-oriented team player
This position is for full-time employment in either our Scottsdale, Arizona or Irvine, California office. We’re looking to keep up with our rapidly growing client list one quality hire at a time. Enthusiastic, “can-do” individuals are a must; a positive outlook and willingness to pitch in are worth their weight in gold to us.
Health plan and 401(k) are available for full-time positions. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with an introduction explaining why you’re a good fit for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you.