Motion Graphics Artist & Video Editor (Full-Time)
Binary Pulse Technology Marketing (and our subsidiary Binary Pulse Studios) is looking for a full-time Motion Graphics Artist and Video Editor to work in-house at our Irvine headquarters. Under the direction of the Creative Director and Associate Creative Director, you will be responsible for video projects from concept to completion, while working with a creative team in marketing and design to fulfill all requests from project managers, sales and marketing departments.
Binary Pulse produces hundreds of videos per year. In this position, you’ll be charged with two main types of production: 1) fully illustrated explainer-style videos and 2) spot graphics over live action video. In both cases, you’ll be responsible for creating visually engaging and strategically aligned video marketing content for Web, events, social, presentations, and occasional broadcast. Videos may be used for sales and marketing, training, HR and recruitment, education, and a variety of other applications.
You’ll enjoy working with a diversity of clients (large and small), subject matter and aesthetic styles. From 15-second social spots to 15-minute corporate films, there’s no limit to the types of projects you can have a hand in.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in client input sessions and then turn client objectives into carefully crafted visual solutions and treatments that align to brand guidelines
- Design proof of concept art and motion segments to help sell a vision ahead of full production
- Be a capable and confident storyboard artist, able to convey your story vision in a professional and production-minded presentation format
- Assemble animatics as part of the iterative review process
- Develop production-ready artwork for your own animation efforts and/or for other animators and editors
- Have a demonstrable mastery of type
- Be responsible for sound design, music selection and audio mixing
- Experiment with art styles and animation techniques that help keep our work fresh and innovative
- Manage posting and sending viewable links to internal team and clients
- Mediate internal and external changes in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all projects are completed on-time and on-budget
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in multimedia, graphic design, or film production or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience at video studio, ad agency or in-house creative department
- Proficiency in Mac-based workflows and Adobe Creative Cloud including (but not limited to): Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of formats, codecs, compression and troubleshooting
- Experience formatting assets for web and uploading/management of assets
- Ability to take direction and work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- A team player, but also comfortable working with limited supervision
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and planning skills; ability to multitask and prioritize to meet strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please send an email with your cover letter, resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org