Binary Pulse is looking for a Senior Designer/Art Director with 5+ years of experience. We’re seeking a proven visual communicator who can concept and produce effective designs for online and printed media. You’ll be charged with working on projects such as, but not limited to: Web sites, HTML emails, banner advertising, print ads, direct mail, brochures, spec sheets/corporate collateral, packaging, and Powerpoint presentations. You must be extremely conversant with the Mac, both with Adobe Creative Suite as well as system management and troubleshooting.
Typical tasks will include:
- Web site, landing page and email design
- Original designs of and adaptations to corporate collateral
- Logo and identity design
- Outputting and building mechanical comps for presentation or client review
- Assisting with creation of internal and client presentations, including Powerpoint
- Scanning, color correcting and retouching photos
- Print ad layout and, preferably, concepting
- Creating online banner ads (storyboarding and production; Flash skills a plus)
Your skill set must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 years design experience in a Mac-based agency, web development shop or in-house design department.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop – Should be conversant with color correction, layer effects/comps and channels. You’ll need to optimize files for Web and coordinate files with Web development team.
- Proficiency with InDesign – sound layout skills, both aesthetic and mechanical. Understand trapping and prepress issues.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator – competent logo design and spot illustration skills
Additional Preferences (not mandatory, just our wish list):
- 4-year bachelor’s or 2-year associate’s art/design degree preferred (equivalent work experience always considered)
- Basic Dreamweaver/HTML skills
- Basic Flash design skills; banner ad production experience
- Video editing/motion graphics skills; After Effects & Final Cut experience
- Experience with technology products and brands; tech geeks are welcome here
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in either digital or print media and understands the possibilities and limitations of both. You have the ability to creatively solve design problems, not just implement design instructions. You understand the reality of deadlines and can balance the creative process with the mandates of budget and time. You may have interaction with clients, so you should possess strong communication skills and an EXTREME attention to detail. You are a great team player and aren’t afraid to jump into a project and get your mouse dirty.
Our hours are from 8am to 5:30pm (sometimes longer if the deadline dictates). We work hard, but have fun along the way. We’re looking to keep up with our rapidly-growing client list one quality hire at a time. Well-rounded, team-playing individuals with enthusiasm, a positive outlook and the desire to chip in are worth their weight in gold to us.
Health plan and 401(k) are available for full-time positions. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please e-mail your resume and link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must include a salary history or desired salary to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.