Binary Pulse Technology Marketing is an interactive marketing firm for technology companies. For more than 18 years, Binary Pulse has helped its clients connect with their prospects and customers. Our clients rank among the elite IT, consumer electronics, medical device and B2B services organizations in the world.
Due to our growing workload, we are looking for a Senior Copywriter to work at our Irvine headquarters. Our ideal candidate will have a unique blend of strategic insights, copywriting acumen and technical know-how. We are looking for someone who can meet with a client, understand their needs, write a compelling proposal and either craft the necessary messaging personally and/or manage a contract team to deliver the project on time.
Qualified candidates will have a strong combination of a majority of the following experience/abilities:
- Work with Designer(s) in development of online and print campaigns that inform, educate and motivate
- Oversee copy from inception through completion to help ensure a high level of quality and ensure maintenance of concept through approval of design
- Research clients’ products/services/image to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects
- Be the lead proposal writer for the firm; write compelling documents that establish objectives, clearly convey process, reaffirm credibility and help close the deal
- Act as primary proofreader in the tireless crusade to eradicate typos and streamline syntax
- Develop/edit copy for client Web presences; understand how to make content and navigation work in a purposeful, intuitive fashion
- Concept/write text for online banner ads
- Write video scripts and, ideally, storyboard them
- Understand the principles of SEO copywriting and write keyword-rich copy that search engines and humans like
- Confidently contribute to the Binary Pulse blog, Ones and Zeros, with a unique, informed voice; possess overall familiarity with the mechanics and mores of social media
- Minimum 5 years copywriting experience in an ad agency or in-house marketing department. Technology- or marketing-focused journalism experience considered
- Experience with high tech clients; must possess proven ability to research and understand complex technologies. Should be conversant with technology and consumer electronics brands; experience with medical device industry is a plus
- Should be able to turn feature-based text into good, selling, benefit-oriented copy
- Understand the virtues of a relevant, consistent brand and be able to enforce them across all media
- Must be an obsessive proofreader and have strong command of English, with knack for understanding high-tech jargon
- Proven ability to motivate and manage contract writers
Additional Preferences (not mandatory, just our wish list):
- 4-year bachelor’s in English, marketing or journalism preferred (equivalent work experience always considered)
- Basic InDesign for Mac skills, enabling you to typeset the copy you create into mechanical layout
- Basic HTML/CMS skills whereby you can edit and update internal and external Web pages
This is a pivotal role in our organization and offers the right candidate tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our ideal candidate possesses proven copywriting skills and a huge reserve of creative ideas, and a desire to bring sound, selling copy to the high-tech world. You should be able to juggle multiple projects without panicking. You should have an unswerving dedication to quality copy, but not be a prima donna. You will have interaction with clients, and will be part of pitches and presentations, so you should possess strong communication skills and an extreme attention to detail. You should be equally comfortable writing new copy as you are editing provided text – you’ll be expected to do both. You should be a savvy researcher as part of supporting your copy decisions.
Our hours are from 8am to 5:30pm (sometimes longer if the deadline dictates). We work hard, but have fun along the way. We’re looking to keep up with our rapidly growing client list one quality hire at a time with well-rounded, team-playing individuals who demonstrate enthusiasm, a positive outlook and the desire to chip in.
Health plan and 401(k) are available after three months and one year, respectively. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please e-mail your resume and your best samples in PDF or Word format (under 2MB, please) – or a link to your Web site – to email@example.com.
Submissions must include a salary history or desired salary IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL to be considered. Please type “Senior Copywriter – 2013” in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you.